Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20010226

Well, I can't speak for Wishkah, but I can speak for Maggie and myself (and
well, Maggie can speak for herself as well... and probably already has!)...

Our Marshall is the only one of the group that runs Deadlands.  He has asked
that we don't look at spoilers or the Marshall's section or the No Man's
Land sections that he has not approved for our use.  Why?  Because he wants
to be able to use the things in those sections in game to give us stuff to
work with - plot hooks, surprises, etc.

Unlike D&D, where everyone that plays knows everything about all the
montsters, character classes, etc, he wants to surprise us with critters he
throws our way... And I admit, it is a LOT more fun to say "Holy crap!  A
Hangin' Judge!  How can we kill it?"  "I dunno... RUN!" than it is to say
"Oh look...  A red dragon.  Let's cast every ice spell we can think of at
it"

You are right - he cannot tell us that we CAN'T look spoilers or look in the
restricted sections.  However, he CAN ask that we don't so that we enjoy the
game more.  And out of respect for him and for his campaign, we abide by his
rules.

Just because YOU don't care doesn't mean that you should criticize another
Marshall for wanting to hold back info until it is appropriate that the
players learn it.

Tifainé aka Celia "Monte" Jefferson