[DL] atmosphere

hi all
for me as a german boy that has been learning english for 3 years, it's sometimes a bit difficult to understand everything in those deadlands books. the biggest problem to me is the atmosphere in deadlands. for example, always when my players come into a saloon, no matter where in the weird west, it is nearly the same. i have some elements in every saloon: the poker players, the old drunken man, some miners, cowpokes and so on. these elements do never change, simply just because i don't have any idea how a saloon really looked like in those times (ok, i know them from western movies, but in those movies, the saloons also look like i describe them). it's the same with many other places (towns, mines...). so, is there anyone on this list who can explain some places (besides the places described in the marshal's book) or can give me a link to a page where there are pics or explanations? don't understand me wrong, the books create a deep feeling of atmosphere to me, when i read them. but i can't give this atmosphere over to my players (maybe because we speak german, and not english).
ok, that's all for now. thank you for you responds (at least i hope you will respond to such a silly problem :).
http://www.firemail.de - Ihr Briefkasten im Web. Einfach, schnell,
sicher.