Re: [DL] Re: Yeah, but what about music.

--- Daphne Brunelle <dbrune4@po-box.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Thank you! It's not that the music is creepy, it
> just drives me batty!

Exactly.  I understood what they were trying to
accomplish with it; twang and keeping the listener
off-kilter, but I think they really, REALLY went
overboard with it.

Here's what's in the CD player on our Saturdays:

-Tombstone soundtrack (frequently commented on as
"Wyatt and Doc getin' uppity with the Cowboys again"
when the track doesn't mesh with the scene)

-Resident Evil 2 soundtrack (all around good)

-Wild Wild West soundtrack (except for that god-awful
dischordious track where Loveless is revealing his
master plan and Will Smith is in drag)

-Red Nex (Swedish techno remixes of classic American
western songs, like Cotton Eyed Joe.  Way cool -
"McKenzie Brothers" is especially popular)

Occasional apperances by Juno Reactor's "Pistolero",
the Princess Mononoke soundtrack (worked great for the
evil forest demons), and coming soon, the recommended
Aphex Twin S.A.W. Vol. II

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen