Re: Yeah, but what about music. {WAS: [DL] Comics of all kinds}

On Thu, 3 May 2001 15:51:51 -0700 , Wes Anderson wrote:

>You know, I was talking with Patrick about other media that works with
>Deadlands and he was wondering what music I used during a game. I told him
>the sound track from LucasArts Outlaws and the Deadlands CD from PEG of
>course, but what other suggestions do the rest of you have for good
>background game music that Patrick could use.

Some of the stuff I use (excluding perviously-mentioned stuff):

16 Horsepower - Hoarse. For the vibe mainly, but there's a superb
cover of Bad Moon Rising which is perfect.

Clint Mansell's Requiem for a Dream soundtrack - good for creepy
games. The music from Pi (another Clint soundtrack) is also good, but
a bit modern for Deadlands.

The soundtrack from the film Paris Texas.

I'd use the soundtrack from Dead Man if I had a copy!

Apocalyptica - Metallica on cellos.

Future Sound of London - Dead Cities and ISDN - more electronic
weirdness (see previous poster's mention of Aphex Twin, which I
second)

Giles.

--
Giles Sutcliffe <giles@gws.org.uk>

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; give him a freshly-charged
Electric Eel and chances are he won't bother you for anything ever again