Re: [DL] Questions from a new Marshal

>>1) How does one get knocked down in combat?

I don't know that there are specific rules for this. I'd probably go with any
time that a stun check is needed, but that's just me being lazy. :-)

>>2) I'll have seven players.  Do I still just draw 3
>>fate chips at the beginning of each session, or does
>>it matter that much?

Depends on how sadistic you're planning to be. I might jack up my chips to 5,
but no more than that.

>>3) Everyone who has a copy of the rules (about half
>>the posse) has First Edition.  I've got most of the
>>other books including Hexarcana.  Should I just stick
>>with First Edition?  Or do the changes in later books
>>like Law Dogs, 1877, and Hexarcana make that much
>>difference?

The major changes between first and second mostly took place in the magic
rules. Shamen and Hucksters were brought more in line with Blessed in how
they roll for successes.

The other major ones have to do with fannin' and double action pistols. I'd
go with second for both, which means giving points back to posse members who
paid up for Fannin' skills.

>>4) I've seen the High Noon miniatures rules mentioned,
>>but never run across them.  Is there a place I can
>>download a copy?  Should I buy a copy of the Great
>>Rail Wars?  Or is all of this unnecessary?  Given my
>>group's past tendencies, it might be fun to lay out
>>large combats on occaison.

By all means get the revised GRW if you feel you want minis rules for the
occassional battle. It incorporates all the High Noon stuff as well as stuff
from Cry Havoc!. I've never tried using it in place of posse combat, myself.
Anyone have good results with this?

>>5) Any other tips would be appreciated!

If you aren't going to use minis, get your hands on Cardstock Cowboys ASAP. I
can't stress how much easier this will make combat and just generally having
an idea of where people are at any given moment. They're not expensive and
they add a nice bit of help/detail to the playing.

--Jacques (Chris' friend)