Re: [DL] dl population

On Thu, 10 May 2001 17:04:42 EDT, you wrote:

>Anyone know the size of the population of viginia city in 1876?

(Assumption - you mean Virginia City Nevada - I think there's one in
Montana too).
When I was setting things up for my game, I picked Virginia City,
Nevada, as the centre of things. As a result, I have an 1895 census or
atlas from About.com which gives the population then at 8511. I think
that's down on the 1870s though.

There's a couple of panoramic maps of the city in the American Memory
collection of the Library of Congress, too, which are fairly large to
download, but pretty good as a guide to what the place looked like.
One of them's from 1876 or thereabouts.

Hope this helps,

Giles.

--
Giles Sutcliffe <giles@gws.org.uk>

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; give him a freshly-charged
Electric Eel and chances are he won't bother you for anything ever again