Re: [DL] dl population

 >When I was setting things up for my game, I picked Virginia City,
 >Nevada, as the centre of things. As a result, I have an 1895 census or
 >atlas from About.com which gives the population then at 8511. I think
 >that's down on the 1870s though.

Way down.  But I don't know the numbers.
Do research on the Comstock Lode and it'll tell you the period of Virginia
City's boomtown status.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

Lemon juice, an important ingredient in Bloody Marys and other forms of
liquid breakfast. Makes fish taste as if it was grown on trees. And
improves, immensely, the taste of lemons.
                 -P.J. O'Rourke