[DL] Newbie posse & marshal question

Good Morning,

I'm a new player, still green, but lovin' it so far. Our marshal has stuck
us in the "Muddy Old . . . " something adventure and we're having a blast.

My question: Our marshal, who is new as well, is curious as to how he ought
to work his Action Deck in large combats. For example . . .

My character, Coffee, was rushing to aid a fallen comrade. As he crossed a
muddy cavern four "mudmen" (I don't know what they are 'officially' called,
I don't read the non-posse stuff) rose up from the ooze and attempted to
pummel him into an early grave.

Does the Marshal allow each mud-critter a quickness roll and a draw from
his Action Deck

OR

Does the Marshal make one quickness roll for the group and make all the
critters attack during the same action round?

Our Marshal would appreciate any help the group can provide.

By the way, Coffee wiped out three of the mud-critters in toe-to-toe melee
before the rest of the posse arrived to gun down the fourth. I took the
groups' advice and make a bad-ass for my first character. He's as dumb as a
post but is real good at breaking things. It also cost me every fate chip I
had to reduce damage.
It was a blast!

matt