RE: [DL] combat system

Seems kinda moot to me -- if the situation is dire, then chips fly anyway
cuz the hit is needed.  If it's not dire, then I'm not going to waste a chip
just to make a hit.  If you otherwise missed, then the chip will usually
only just hit -- and is for nothing if the other guy dodges marginally well.
On the other hand, if the target is the Big Bad Ugly (tm) of the yarn, and
I've only got the one blessed bullet, and it might try dodging or somesuch,
I'm going to throw all the chips I can afford to get a great shot with
several raises, to make it very difficult to dodge.

But that's all our game.  YMMV.

Jeff Y.