Re: [DL] The Big Picture- Tying it all together

> 	Let's not forget: almost completely dependent on
> other countries
> (particularly North American) for agricultural
> products.

I'd say North America has enough problems on its plate
without adding this burden as well.

IMHO I'd say Europe as a minor exporter and
Australia/New Zealand as major agricultural exports.
When you consider "New Science" refridgerated shipping
the amount of foodstuffs that could be imported are
staggering.

Britain also has greater control over its colonies
than America, and thus would have a more stable supply
base. With the CSA and Union going at it hammer and
tongs it wouldn't do to have your foodstuffs
continually sunk midway to where they're needed.

Historically, NZ and AUS supplied a significant
portion of its own production (well, NZ did) to
England as a whole during both world wars. It was seen
as the right thing to do what with England being the
home country and all.

Just a different point of view.

Cheers,
Mr. B