RE: [mild spoilers] Re: [DL] The Big Picture- Tying it all together

All true, but are we discussing what GMs are using, or what Deadlands canon
is?  If we are discussing individual games, then the American West isn't
necessarily the focal point.  If we are discussing Deadlands canon, then
Ground Zero is the American West, as printed in the rules/source books.  The
Reckoners came thru to Earth on the North American continent, and that's
where most of the action is right now ('right now' being 1870's).  Scaring
the rest of the world seems like a good Reckoner goal.

"The Big Picture" thread brought Britain into the discussion in regards to
their influence in the American West as indicated in the PEG materials.  The
Chinese are a huge power in their corner of the world, and are trying to
exert some influence in the GRW.  They hardly get a mention in this thread.

Anyway, my point?  I had one when I started...  Oh, yeah!  That this thread
started as a way to get input on the list of powers-that-be that are
documented in PEG material -- one list comprising info from many books.  The
thread has wandered away from that, and I was wondering if that part of it
was exhausted.

I myself don't diverge from Deadlands-as-published.  I add to the setting
without contradicting it.  Because I'm lazy, and don't want to work hard to
mesh my stuff with PEGs when new PEG stuff comes out ;-)  But you guys are
right, it's our game to play, each posse will have a different view of their
world.  Canon-adherence is only required if you wish to contribute to the
published materials with more published materials.

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang