TR: [DL] the problems Manitou face (slight spoiler)

Actually, I'd go with the fact that Mad science is like a drug. It's
addictive, and with the monsters down there, you kind of need it sometimes.

And it's when you're really hooked up that the bad things start to happen.
When you're really depending on the damn stuff that it all goes to Hell
(literally).

At that point, even if you wanted to stop using it, you're hooked for good
and can't stop using it. Another way for the Manitous to get in your
kitchen.

And then, if you have a guy called Hellstromme lying around, then as a
Reckoner you start taking advantage of the stuff too.

Francois