Re: [DL] the problems Manitou face (slight spoiler) - RELIGION

>    I don't know about the rest of you, and it
> might just be my cynical
> soul, but does it occur to anyone else that the
> powers of the blessed
> also come from the Reckoners?  After all,
> religious intolerance kills...

Nope, I disagree.  As much as I'd like to rag on
religions/Christians/crusades/etc, the powers of the
blessed do not come from the reckoners.  Why?  Well
religious intolerance may kill, and cause fear, but
overall blessed REMOVE more fear than they cause.

Actually, I'd like to take a second to soap box here:

Not all religious folk are blessed.

For that matter not all gamblers who carry around a
copy of Hoyles are hucksters, not all scietists are
mad, and not all orientals are Jackie Chan.  There are
thousands of people who have the potential to have an
AB, but don't.  Go ahead, throw in a priest with 5
faith, but no AB as an NPC.  I think it makes a
stronger player to play such a character, and it makes
a stronger Marshal to have NPCS like that.  It keeps
players on their toes as you are doing the unexpected.

Ok, it wasn't really soapboxy, but that's my two
cents.

Side note, anyone with faith gets the protection
miracle ... so if they don't follow the tenants of
their faith, do they lose the use of protection?

-Munch "Who really needs to re-reads my books since
I'm running a game this next sat" Wolf