[DL] A few simple question

Hi.

I am slowly coming out of lurking, I've for once something to say. Finally I have gotten my group to lay away the nasty old D&D books in favor for Deadlands :), and I'll be the marshal. MUHAHAHAHAHA (they'll probably regret it when I convert the red dragon(s) at the arival of D20 Deadlands).

Anyway, I have a few simple questions:

1. A player drew two jokers during character creation. Do I draw twice on the mysterious background table.

2. I am sure I read it somewhere, but it's a while since I went through the rules and I can't remember, how do you raise aptitudes above the normal limit of 5, and I assume you can do this to hexes to.

POSSIBLY SLIGHTLY SMALL SPOILER UP AHEAD:

3. In the Marshal's Handbook page 22. Under that's a lot of grit it says: "A hero can never have more than 5 points of grit"  While in the Huckster and Hexes book. Page 108.Under the second headline. Second paragraph below that. Line 7 in that paragraph. Xxx don't usually bother with heroes with less than 10 grit. What have I missed.

BTW! How often should I give the players grit and legend chips?

Thanks

Leif Erik Furmyr

- "If you're going to suggest I try dropping twenty feet down a pitch dark
tower in the hope of hitting a couple of greasy little steps which might
not even still be there, you can forget it," said Rincewind sharply.
- "There is an alternative, then."
- "Out with it, man."
- "You could drop five hundred feet down a pitch black tower and hit stones
which certainly are there," said Twoflower.
Dead silence from below him. Then Rincewind said, accusingly, "That was sarcasm."

   -- (Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic)