Re: [DL] A few simple question

> Hi.
>
> I am slowly coming out of lurking, I've for once something to say. Finally I have
> gotten my group to lay away the nasty old D&D books in favor for Deadlands :), and >
I'll be the marshal. MUHAHAHAHAHA (they'll probably regret it when I convert the > red
dragon(s) at the arival of D20 Deadlands).

> Anyway, I have a few simple questions:
>
> 1. A player drew two jokers during character creation. Do I draw twice on the
> mysterious background table.

Yes.

> 2. I am sure I read it somewhere, but it's a while since I went through the rules
and I > can't remember, how do you raise aptitudes above the normal limit of 5, and I
> assume you can do this to hexes to.

Costs double bounty. Me, I also require a REALLY good reason.

> POSSIBLY SLIGHTLY SMALL SPOILER UP AHEAD:
>

> 3. In the Marshal's Handbook page 22. Under that's a lot of grit it says: "A hero
can > never have more than 5 points of grit"  While in the Huckster and Hexes book.
Page > 108.Under the second headline. Second paragraph below that. Line 7 in that
> pargraph. Xxx don't usually bother with heroes with less than 10 grit. What have I
> missed.

H&H is an older book than the MH. 5 is the max, but a lot of people play that 5 is the
max for gut-check, while everything order counts for Harrowed-draws and the like.

> BTW! How often should I give the players grit and legend chips?

Grit: Every time the defeat something REALLY scary. The more grit they have, the
scarier the opponent should be. Legend Chip: I give one to the pot every time the
posse succeeds on a scenario.

Marshal Ole I. Stene
--
oleingva@ifi.ntnu.no - ICQ #67957926