[DL] Primary Sources

Hey all,

I ran across something very cool the other day (to my
mind, anyway). The University of Michigan has a
website archive of primary sources running from the
Antebellum period through Reconstruction, including
books and journal articles, called "The Making of
America".

These sources are not only useful for reading up on
the thoughts of our chosen period, but also as props,
etc; because many of the articles are scanned-in pages
from the books or magazines in question. That means
you can print out a gif of an 1877 Princeton Review
article for your bad guys to scribble clues on the
back of, or print out a period map from a book
published in 1876 on  railway geography.

I'm personally reading through "Arizona as it Is,"
copyright 1877 by Hiram Hodge, and the info on
climate,  geography, and Native peoples is fantastic
for a time capsule view of who's who and where they
stay.

I'll note that the scanned pages are nasty to read
online, but some of the material has also been
translated into text versions, which are easier to
read online...

I'm not affiliated with the U of M, so I hope this
isn't taken as an advert - I just thought it was a
really useful tool for Marshals who want to add some
realism to their games.

The URL is: http://moa.umdl.umich.edu/ Hope it's
handy!

Ivan