RE: [DL] Deadlands d20

>< I mean I am impressed
>with everything I have seen from the playtests of WW but going through the
tough
>process of porting it when a better system, Deadlands (IMHO), is availible
is
>just sad.
>	But the economics of it makes sense. Lets hope it makes enough money
to put Peg
>back into good shape and they can do there own thing with there own rules.

It's makes more than just economic sense.  I think that making this a NOT
deadlands game is a sound decision, which will allow PEG to bring new fans
into the fold.  If it were a Deadlands game, I think that it might tend to
narrow the appeal.  IMNSHO, while the coupling of the Deadlands "worlds" is
cool to the die hard fans, it can be a bit intimidating to the casual fan.
For example, try explaining HoE to someone, "It's a Post-Apocalyptic future
RPG, with an alternate History past."  Similarly,  when I was demoing the LC
CCG last year, having to explain it in the concept of the Deadlands universe
was cumbersome.

Patrick