Re: [DL] Deadlands d20

"Phalen, Pat" wrote:

> > My only reason for picking up Deadlands D20 is to convert Weird Wars to
> the
> > Deadlands system.
>
> AFAIK, there will be no D20 to Deadlands conversion rules.  First, the
> "purpose" of D20 books is to get people hooked on the setting, so that they
> will "convert" to the *real* game.  Next,  it is way to cumbersome to map 6
> D20 characteristics to 10 Deadlands attributes.  And don't even get me
> started on converting Levels and HPs to experience in Deadlands.

I believe there was mention of conversion rules at some point. Otherwise all the
earlier books would need to be re-released in the dual format layout. While this
is a good thing(tm) for Peg, I wouldn't want to have to buy the same book twice
to run the newer D20 version.
	Hmm Looking at the website seems to hint there won't be. Oh well.

> You already have all of the core components for combat, but more importantly
> Horror at your fingers.  Whether you want to do Weird West, Spooky Victorian
> steam-punk, or something else (rumor has it a group in East Sheboigan
> Michigan uses a fantasy variant) you have all you need.   The only
> additional information you would need is period-specific weaponry.  This
> information can either be pulled from HoE or extrapolated from existing
> stuff.

True enough. I will be picking up WW and using it with the Deadlands rules,
after all the weapons and damages are pretty standard within the game. Magic
shouldn't be a problem either. Hmm.. conversion is a lot easier one way than the
other it appears. :)

--
David Heth
"Sniper rifles have been known to cause Spontaneous Brain Rejection(SBR) at