Re: [DL] Deadlands d20

"Phalen, Pat" wrote:

> >< I mean I am impressed
> >with everything I have seen from the playtests of WW but going through the
> tough
> >process of porting it when a better system, Deadlands (IMHO), is availible
> is
> >just sad.
> >       But the economics of it makes sense. Lets hope it makes enough money
> to put Peg
> >back into good shape and they can do there own thing with there own rules.
>
> It's makes more than just economic sense.  I think that making this a NOT
> deadlands game is a sound decision, which will allow PEG to bring new fans
> into the fold.  If it were a Deadlands game, I think that it might tend to
> narrow the appeal.  IMNSHO, while the coupling of the Deadlands "worlds" is
> cool to the die hard fans, it can be a bit intimidating to the casual fan.
> For example, try explaining HoE to someone, "It's a Post-Apocalyptic future
> RPG, with an alternate History past."  Similarly,  when I was demoing the LC
> CCG last year, having to explain it in the concept of the Deadlands universe
> was cumbersome.

	I did not mean making WW fit within the Deadlands universe. I am very happy
with the fact it is a stand alone game with its own alternate history, I meant
the main reason to use the D20 systems was economics. Or appears to be. I think
a game could easily use the Deadlands core rules and stand free of the original
titles. The fact that Deadlands has covered so many times regions and genres
makes it a better candidate for a genric system than the rigid d2o system.
--
David Heth
"Sniper rifles have been known to cause Spontaneous Brain Rejection(SBR) at