RE: Re: [DL] Re: deadlands D20

So you condemn a system because of its players? Tell me of a system that
does NOT have power gamers playing it? You are using an example of someone
who crosses over rules sets from another system, making a HUGE imbalance,
and then say the system is stupid?

Yeah, ok.

You want to condemn the system? Tell me WHY it is a dumb-a** system. Who
knows, you might convince me it is.

While I do not beleive that the D20 system is terribly innovative, it is not
the crap that people make it out to be. As far as I am concerned, it is the
best system that D&D has ever had. And while I do not really like the fact
that a lot of my favorite games are switching to or adding the D20 ruleset,
I cannot condemn it if it will help out my favorite game companies survive
finacially and will let me get D&Ders to try the games I like. And it is a
easy and fast system that really does not bog down as a lot tend to do.
I do not like the class restictions on skills however. I mean, come on, why
can a fighter not take a move silent skill without paying double? Or a
profession? That is the one thing that irks me. Having a disable device be a
rogue only is fine, but allow me SOME freedom of character creation.

Just my .02 cents.

Jimmy the Barrel