RE: [DL] Deadlands d20

> I did not mean making WW fit within the Deadlands universe. I am very
happy
> with the fact it is a stand alone game with its own alternate history, I
meant
> the main reason to use the D20 systems was economics. Or appears to be. I
think
>  a game could easily use the Deadlands core rules and stand free of the
original
>  titles. The fact that Deadlands has covered so many times regions and
genres
>  makes it a better candidate for a genric system than the rigid d2o
system.

I don't at all disagree with your sentiments.  Unfortunately, while you and
I and a few other people on this list understand the differences between
Deadlands and D20 Weird Wars, there are plenty who do not.  I imagine that
when the book is released, there will be questions about why Hellstromme and
Stone are not mentioned in the book.  And this is from the crew who is
supposed to have an "in" with what is going on, due to the great amount of
information that PEG provides us.

If the game *did* use the Deadlands "Engine" I imagine that this would only
tend to exacerbate the confusion amongst all parties concerned.

Patrick