Re: [DL] HTML problems

> > If you can get your
>  >hands on Dreamweaver, learn how to use it.  It's GREAT web design
software.

> Pansy.
>
> Real men html in notepad. . .   :-)
>
> Seriously, I haven't looked at Dreamweaver, but I am playing around with
> Homesite - so far it is VERY clean in how it works with the code, and you
> can download a 30 day trial.

Hey, I'm actually cleaning up the text version of the Accumulated Rulings
that I downloaded from your site (there are a bunch of weird line breaks)
because I'm going to use VML to create a version that looks like it was
redacted government-style, complete with blacked-out spoilers!  I was
originally going to use this to learn XML, but apparently yoiu can't do that
sort of thing as I found out as I got further in the book :) .  I still plan
on marking the AR up in XML, but I'm going to do that later.

Anyway, I feel no loss in my manly webgeek pride, as Dreamweaver is a damn
fine editor that gives you clean code that seems to default to code (though
you can override it) that will conform to XHTML with minimal conversion- for
instance, it'll center with the <DIV> tag instead of with <CENTER>.  It also
codes in all lowercase, which is required in XHTML and XML (you can use it
to code both).  It's the closest you can get to hand-coding without actually
doing it, which is a good thing if you want to avoid RSI, which you want to
do- TRUST ME!

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times