RE: [DL] Re: deadlands D20

>>How about inelegant, complex, unrealistic, and arbitrary rules that do
not mimic any kind of existing genre except hack and slash DnD....And as
much as I dislike to agree with the egotistical twit, John Wick had a good
point when he stated that if it wasn't for the fact that DnD was attached
to it, the system would be laughed out of the market.<<

   Statements like these make the think back to the days when I was
learning Deadlands and wondering what the hell was up Traits and Aptitudes
- I remember the funny looks the players gave me when I explained how they
worked. And then I think about the combats I ran and how much dice rolling
and chart hunting was involved in those. Then I think about the death
spiral which killed off an NPC who, in another game, would still be alive.
Then I think that maybe Deadlands fans aren't really a position to be
commenting about the nature of other games...

            Seanchai

"Modesty is the conscience of the body." - Honore de Balzac