Re: Re: [DL] Re: deadlands D20

At 05:39 AM 6/14/2001 -0700, you wrote:
 >I'm Going to buy it, so I can Convert My 3rd Edition
 >D&D players in My Group to play something with more
 >Kick (ie. Deadlands), and No Halflings!

But kicking halflings is fun!

But if you want to ease your players into it, I worked up some rules for
using Fate Chips in D20.  They worked fairly well, but I had to up the
power of the opposition to correspond to the party's increased option (and
therefore power).

But the beauty of it is the party didn't really want to spend the chips as
the chips could also be turned in for experience.  :-)
In addition to the standard ways of earning chips, I also gave out fate
chips for player's who brought food to be shared by the group.  The night
of the big climatic battle we had so much food that we had to move it to
the ping pong table where it filled up an entire side like a buffet line.

The true test of genius is that, when crossing borders and boundaries, it
is still recognized as genius.

:)

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

In Japan people drive on the left. In China people drive on the right. In
Vietnam it doesn't matter.
                 -P.J. O'Rourke