RE: Re: [DL] Re: deadlands D20

> >So you condemn a system because of its players? Tell me of a system that
> >does NOT have power gamers playing it? You are using an example of
>someone
> >who crosses over rules sets from another system, making a HUGE imbalance,
> >and then say the system is stupid?
>
>Oh believe me - there's PLENTY to mock the D20 system for without having to
>start in on the munchkins.
>
>Like the fact that the D20 system itself is designed to enhance munchkinism
>play.  :)

I can accept that. Like I said, D20 has nothing ground breaking in it.
But when you get down to it, any system can be broken by a munchkin, and
most have PLENTY to mock also. And even then, no real example of WHY D20 is
bad. I think it is just...mediocre (sp?).

I do not nessicarily think D20 was built specificly for munchkins, but I
could be wrong. I think D20 was built as a new D&D system model, and WotC
and/or Hasborg wanted to make more money with it. And for D&D, it is GREAT
(imho).
D&D itself is built more for the power gamer type, hence, most of the D20
products that are coming out would cater to that market. Now, I am going to
have to reserve judgment until Deadlands D20 and Wierd Wars come out to make
that last call that D20 is totally munchkin. I want to see what Peg does to
make it less "munchkin-esk", if any.

Now, my point was, you can trash a system all you want, but give me a valid
reason to dislike it. I do not like the
"oh-he-gave-a-bad-example-so-I-am-going-to-say-the-whole-thing-sucks" thing.
It is in bad taste and does not contribute to anything.

Who knows? Maybe Peg has built a fantastic version of D20 that will change a
lot of minds.

And I want to apologize to the person who posted their character they were
playing. I really did not mean to trash you. If you and your group like to
play high-power characters, more power to ya(pun intended).
It is not my personal style, but everyone is different, and I do not think
anyone is wrong in their play style. No flame intended from me.

And I also want to apologize to anyone who thinks this is OT. I beleive it
is on topic, so I am posting on it.

Just my 2 bits

Jimmy the Barrel