Re: [DL] armour vs strength

--- RastinB <me@rastin.com> wrote:
> on the same note does my strenght dice reduce as
> well in my case my indian
> shaman/scout uses thomahawks and with the strenght
> of th bear favour (6
> point bear guardian spirit) added to the 4d8
> (4d12+4) STR damage how would
> my damage work.

I think you are saying the only damage is the str
damage of 4d12+4 and there is no added damage for the
weapon?  Right?

Normally even against armor 1 this would do no damage
... but it's possible to make an exception in this
case.  If I recall correctly I recently saw a rule for
critters that said in such situations to take what the
str die should be and divide by 2 for the base die
type before calculating for armor ... so the result of
4d12 +4 would become (16 / 2) or a base of 4d8 ... so
for armor 1 - it would do 4d6, armor 2 - 4d4, armor 3
- 3d4, and so on.  I would only do this in 'weird'
situations like the one given (where an arcane ability
was used'.

Course I very well could be wrong.  I'm still
embarrassed about mixing D&D with deadlands bleeding
rules when it comes to negative wind.

-Munch Wolf