Re: [DL] Re: Ghostwalker Character Class

> No, Ghostwalkers are in Sword and Fist, which is a big ol' book o'
prestige
> classes and feats for Monks and Fighters. Ghostwalkers are a prestige
class;
> basically, anyone who meets the appropriate prerequisites (usually
minimums
> of appropriate skill ranks, certain feats, and base-attack bonus) is
allowed
> to join a prestige class. Ghostwalkers aren't totally appropriate for
> Deadlands, I think; they get a few spell-like abilities (which, as I
recall,
> includes stuff like Dimension Door, though I could be wrong). However, if
one
> were alter the prestige class to trade in the most blatantly magical of
these
> for additional Intimidate/Overawe bonuses or bonus fate chips, it would
work
> very well for Deadlands.

Ok here is the low down on ghostwalkers, at lower levels they aren't very
powerful but they do get some nice abilites.  1. Improved Iron Will, basicly
a bonus to your will saves, in deadlands I'd call it a +2 to spirit rolls.
2. Resoloute Aura, a ghostwalker is the spirit of justice and vengance they
gain a bonus to intimidation equal to their level, I'd call this a flat
bonus to overawe based on how much time or how many points is put into it.
3. Anonminity, (sp?) As long as no one knows the ghostwalker's name all his
powers are effective, if his name is known they work at half or not at all.
4. Feign Death, this shows up around 3rd or fourth level. it allows the
ghostwalker to enter a cataleptic state that looks like death, for 10 rounds
per level.  All damage is halved and he is unaffected by poison.  He can't
really tell what's going on around him and it can't be ended prematurely.
5. Etheralness- At 5th level the ghostwalker can become incorpoereal and
invisable 1 once per day, this increases later to about 2 or 3 times per
day.  and lasts for a number of rounds equal to their level.  I'm sure there
is a huckster spell that immatates this power somewhere, if not it's pretty
easy to make one up, just say that they always get a set poker hand for
whatever ammount of grit or whatever you want to pop in.  Kind of like a
tempest ability but without the fate chip activation.
6. Shadow Walk- This is the neat one, it allows the ghost walker to enter
the shadow world (ie, hunting grounds) and travel there for 1 hour per
level, at a rate of 1 mile every 20 minutes -1 minute for each level.  They
can either be unmolested or have an inate sense of direction but they always
pop back into the real world at their location or when the power ends.
7.Finally- Painful Reckoning.  If a Ghostwalker takes more than half his
hitpoints in damage and lives.  (say about 3-4 wounds of a vital location or
5-7 to non vitals) The next time he faces that exact person the gains a
bonus to armor, to hit rolls, and damage equal to his level.  So call it a
+to shooting and fighting, or hexslinging if you want to go that way, A
level of armor or damage reduction equal to his grit or the ammount of the
edge or whatever, and either bonus damage dice, or just a straight + to
damage rolls.

Hope that helps, I know i'm forgetting something but It will kick in later
i'm sure.

Ron Conner
11th Level Gunslinger, 5th level Ghostwalker.