[DL] Beginning characters...

> On 6/16/01 2:41 PM, Munch Wolf wrote the following:

> For the Lost on Concept part, I had informed my friends that I was trying to
> keep it simple. Beginning characters were not allowed to start with arcane
> backgrounds (althought they could get them later, as one already has) and no
> VoTWW.  One friend who hasn't joined in yet has asked me to look over his
> character idea:  A CSA Special Forces Syker from HoE sent back in time to hunt
> down Stone ...

This reminds me of a mistake (not saying you personally made any mistake!) I
often see GM's (myself included on numerous occasions) make.  In that I can
sometimes get so caught up in the player's enthusiasm about their character
that I don't look it over with a fine tooth comb.  When I don't, low and
behold, some aspect of the character bites me in the ass.  "But it said
right there that she's a loner and hates all social situations."  (Just an
example, i.e. not a real one!)

I find having a handout which lists (in excruciating detail! :-) what is and
isn't allowed in the campaign is a very good idea.  (Now if I could just
follow my own advice! :-)  I remember those forms from Champions which
listed every power, advantage, disadvantage, etc. and you just checked
allowed, take to GM, and NO WAY! :-)

Take care,

Derek