Re: [Re: [DL] Gypsies]

NsideYerHead@aol.com wrote:

>	MIME Type: multipart/alternative
> I was more interested in their real culture in America's old west, and
> deriving something from that...
>
> rather than the shallow singing cutpurses that D&D portrays them to be.

Don't know much about modern gypsies esp. in the US or the old west -however
the family name Romnichol is derived from the Rom and "Romani" their name for
themselves.  I'm sure there's some good books and articles out there.
Considering that they're also good blacksmiths, (as well as the stereotypical
entertainers) I could see them getting involved in mad science.

;)
Celia

"Hah! I'm no longer just a cup of hot water waiting for that teaball of evil!
I've blown out the pyschic red lantern, I've closed the proverbial *pyschic
legs* so GET SNUFFED!  and then we'll talk."

Danielle (Cup o' Hot water) Morneau