Re: [DL] Whateley family tree [Goff, PEG] SPOILERS!!!

--- Eric Avedissian <eric@pro-usa.net> wrote:
> Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror is one of my favorite horror stories.
> Wilbur Whateley is such a freak, and his otherworldly brother is
> downright creepy. I understand Lovecraft's Whateleys were the
> inspiration to the Deadland Whateleys, except the latter are more
> conniving, shrewd and cunning and the former are, well, evil
> rednecks.
> And what you said about interbreeding between the Whateleys is well
> taken. Dolores is Nick's wife AND sister. Eww!!!

And the Whateley brother and sister pair from Range Wars (whose names
escape me at the moment) are mentioned as being oddities in that they
are *NOT* also brother and wife.  Thus, I wouldn't reccomend trying to
climb the Whateley family tree, for though it does branch, the branches
often twist back into the main trunk.  Of course, it would be kinda
nifty to see some of the ... "other" branches of the tree.  "Glakder,
son of Elleoit who married Our Delilah in '02."

-Bryce "miscegenation is a fun word" Perry

=====
"Not everything is a labyrinth of dark conspiracy, and not everybody is plotting to decieve, enveigle and obfuscate!"

-Dana Scully, The X Files