[DL] Dead Presidents Question

I've been reading through the Dead Presidents adventure-which is an
excellent adventure and something I'd recommend to anyone-and I came across
something that I need some clarifications on.

When the posse is captured by the Nightwatchers it says that harrowed posse
members are decapitated and their bodies are burned (p. 39).  However on
page 44 it says that the harrowed may be rewarded by having their head sewn
back on.  I'd assumed that the harrowed's bodies were burnt to ashes.  Is
there something I've missed?