RE: [DL] 1st edition hucksters & shaman compared to 2nd edition

At 11:55 AM 7/13/2001 -0400, you wrote:
 >Is it just my posse?  I've had two players try hucksters - one 1st ed, the
 >other 2nd.  Neither were too powerful.  In fact, they were detrimental to
 >the group about every third or fourth hex.  I.E. they'd backlash on Healin'
 >and _cause_ four wounds to the gunslinger's arm, or have their brain sizzled
 >by an angry manitou, or ... well, let's just say I put the expanded backlash
 >table created by one of the listserv members to very good use.

That's pretty much been my experience with 'em.  Both players of mine who
tried Hucksters rapidly got tired of the double failure chance with the
self-explosion possibility on top of it.

The thing about the 1st edition hucksters is that when they had to buy each
spell separately, their chance of failing to draw a good hand increased
drastically, as well as the chance for backlash.
Also - in 1st ed. it pretty much took 5 good stats to be a good huckster,
and just about every other class rocked with just 2 or 3.  Especially the
Blessed.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

I'm desperately trying to figure out why Kamikaze pilots wore helmets.