Re: [DL] 1st edition hucksters & shaman compared to 2nd edition

I'm currently playing a 2nd edition huckster and i actually am enjoying it
quite a bit. I decided after reading through a lot of huckster material that
i didn't want your normal soul blast slingin' huckster. The way i planned my
huckster was to have Cardsharp (from Hexarcana) as my main weapon. Your
probably saying "Well that's pretty weak compared to using just a
peacemaker." Your right, but i put a personal twist on it. I wrote up a
little background explaining my huckster (he's a complete schitzo lol, lot's
of fun for roleplaying) and i'm using a variation on a Greater Manitou. If
your familiar with the Gunsmoke Manitou then you have the idea. But instead
of using guns for gaining additional hex cards, if i use the cardsharp hex,
i get the additional cards. Also, for damage purposes, i see it this way -
The cards have manitou energy instilled into them, so the hand gives a +2
bonus to damage per hand above the minium. A full house (+12) gives in total
12+str+card thrown. And to make it even better, i'm two fisted =) muahaha. I
know it seems nuts for cards to do that much damage but there's two things i
gotta say - #1 It's the WEIRD west and #2 It's a game, have fun with it.
Plus, the marshall can always balance more powered characters with more
tougher guys going for them and harder roleplaying situations.

Basically, you are gonna get your backlashes, but that comes with the
immense power your huckster can have if created correctly.

Nick