Re: [DL] Re: normals

 >This is not just a "mitu" message, I do have a
 >question for the esteemed masses. Is there a game
 >mechanic to keep the ABs at a reasonable level with
 >the rest of the posse? It seems like they can get way
 >too powerful way too quickly in comparison to the
 >others (Though Kyle's 6d10 Shootin' skill is strictly
 >a Norm concern...*grin*)

I've never really encountered the problem of ABs overwhelming the party. .
. with the exception of the Blessed, and the first Martial Artist someone
played. . .

Okay.  I've never really come up with a fix for the ABs that overwhelmed
the party.  With the Blessed, it was a matter of his faith keeping him in
check, and with the Martial Artist it was a matter of keeping his Chi pool
(old rules Martial Artist) fairly low.

In general, I go a step beyond limiting ABs to one per party - I generally
limit all edges to one per group.  That way there is only one rich guy,
only one officer, only one two-fisted guy, etc.  I do this to better
preserve the distinctness of the non-AB character types.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

I'm desperately trying to figure out why Kamikaze pilots wore helmets.