RE: [DL] Moderator vs. non-moderator accounts.

>>You have judged the system to be unfair to ALL list members, which (based
upon the responses) seems to have been a flawed opinion, at best.<<

   I don't think its flawed. I think they haven't had the experiences with
Allan that I have had and thus find him fair and unbiased. Also note that I
*DID NOT* say, "The list members find such and such unfair."

>>Also, it is interesting that you refer to us as "strangers"
Maybe, I've been here too long, but I consider most of the people on this
list to be acquaintances, and a great deal of them friends.<<

   Don't be circumspect. You mean to say that everyone is still a strange
to me because I'm a jerk.
   Let's see...My first experience on the list was the moderator sending me
nasty notes in private because he *SUSPECTED* I was about to start a flame
war. I found the list archives and remember more of what happened now. Our
kind moderator wrote me a nasty note in his official capacity because he'd
heard that I had argued on another list and wanted to preempt me doing the
same here. Sounds great, doesn't it?
   Just today he mischaracterized me and those events. First he claimed
that the first thing I did when I got here was start an argument. Well, I
went through the archive
(http://deadlands.melnibone.org/deadlist/Aug-2000/author.html) because
that's sure not how I remember and anyone willing to visit it can see that
I did not, in fact, start an argument first thing. I looked through most of
the posts I have every made to the list and the *vast* majority are at
least civil.
   He also claimed that I've said I don't even like Deadlands and that I'm
just here to cause trouble for him. Not so. I've claimed publicly, here on
the list, that I do indeed like Deadlands. And I'll say now that I'm not
still on the list because of him, but despite him.
   So you've made a pointed comment that I consider list members strangers
when I ought to consider them friends. Personally, I don't think its odd at
all that I'm not chummy here given the welcome (official and otherwise)
that I received.

   Also, I cannot read HTML posts. There were a couple in another thread.
If you're looking for an answer from me, Ross and Lisa, please resend.

                Seanchai

"Nature composes some of her loveliest poems for the microscope and
telescope." - Theodore Roszak