RE: [DL] 1st edition hucksters & shaman compared to 2nd edition

> Jeff Yates wrote

> Sure, a Huckster gets good dice much easier, but they are
> still hampered by
> the card draw they get.  Soul Blast always seemed to do about
> pistol or
> rifle damage in the game I run, or less.  And with the
> specter of going bust
> or pulling the black Joker always looming, pistols and rifles
> were quite
> preferable.

You mean that your Huckster doesn't keep a blue chip back for the big baddy,
and then use it on his hexslinging skill?  OK he takes a chance on the
backlash - but if he manages it, his hand is usually very impressive, also
not every backlash result causes the hex to fail.

Doesn't help that the character happens to be both a werewolf and harrowed,
neither of his own design.  It's a funny old game.

Although as a rule I wouldn't allow Harrowed as starting characters unless
they pulled the right cards - and werewolves are completely out of the
question.  However I have found myself in the position where each of the
characters have developed to the stage where they all want an AB (only 2 of
5 had them initially), I've ended up developing some HOE stuff for use with
one of the characters simply to avoid duplication, having two, 2gun
hexslingers (Law Dogs variety) was a bit much.

Roy