Re: [DL] ethnic diversity

> Well, if you wanna dance you gotta pay the band!
> If the players want to play divers characters in a non-diverse universe,
> they must be prepared to deal with the consequences.  As a Marshal, I
don't
> think that you are being too unreasonable.  The locals *would* hassle
them,
> but probably not revert to physical violence.  As another poster has
> suggested, ignoring them will work just as well.

That is what I try to do, with the occasional verbal insult, i.e. last
session the chinaman and indian walked in to a saloon.  The saloon fell dead
quiet.  The chinaman decided he would single out the biggest meanest looking
hombre in the saloon and walk over and drink his beer.  Before he could get
there a poker player said, "look at the chinaman and his squaw."  The indian
ended up up ending the poker game table (about $600 worth of money on the
table) and as a result got shot at.  The chinaman got knocked flat on the
ground by the mean hombre before whipping out some fu powers.  End result 10
dead.  I could have been really onrey and put them in trouble with the local
law but they did kill a character of the player who has been cheating bad
(smarts upped from D4 to D10 in one week with no bounty points spent.) So I
kind of went easy on them.  Anyways, they make it impossible to have the
locals ignore them.  All it takes is one "I'll whip you" comment and Mr "My
Kung Fu Is Superior" goes to town.

> Of course you can turn it into an epiphany (i.e., "Well, Dang!  You're a
> decent fella after all, even though you're a chinaman!") for certain NPCs
> after the posse saves the town, but on a whole, they shouldn't receive too
> much help, and a *lot* of hassles...

funny enough that was my plot glue.  they work for the New Tomorrow Triad
doing good deads trying to win the approval of the whites towards chinamen
and indians.

Mikhael