Re: [DL] New Posse

I have started in 1875 with a couple of my campaigns too. You just have to
keep track of what has happened and what hasn't yet. A few things that do
happen in 1875 are:

[Spoiler Space brought to you by the Letter "F"]

1) The original Zombie attack on Nagodoches, TX. Happens on Halloween 1875.
Yeah its a little spooky (read: expect failed Guts checks up the wazoo) for
them but they can easily survive it (These zombies are more "Night of the
Living Dead"-esque lumbering targets than the ferocious Walkin' Dead you'll
find elsewhere) and the ease with which they help "save" the town can only
help to set them up for some serious hurt when they realize not ALL undead
are as slow and stupid as these guys.

2) The first Dime Novel, Perdition's Daughter, takes place during Christmas
1875. It deals with a cult and has some tough challenges, including an
encounter with a couple of undead dogs which has a mighty high Guts check
associated with it, but if they ain't ready for it, you're the Marshal, just
take the dogs out.

3) The Civil War should be in Cold War mode at this point with very few
battles and more raids and small skirmishes. The Great Rail Wars were just
heatin' up.

4) Check out:

http://mscof.home.texas.net/timeline/

They've done a really excellent and insane job of compiling most of the
"official" info here. Too much stuff happened in 1875 for me to list here =]
but you'll get a better idea of what you can & cannot use yet.

hope it helps
Matt the Drifter