Re: [DL] Stuff

> I wasn't suggesting using the plot of movie, just
> the
> plant and abomination from the movie.  It would work
> nicely in a ghost rock mining town.
>
> Speaking of rehashed plots, I fudged the Redemption
> story last week, and the posse had a snickered at
> me,
> telling me it was an old Star Trek episode ... sigh.
>
> Well, I will have my revenge, Pa 'Majong' Colby and
> his gang will ride again ... for the third time.

Somthing like that happened to me recently.  The Posse
went underground to do battle with some Tunnel
Critters.  They were searching for a little girl who
had been taken.  After encountering some of the
nasties, someone remarked, "Is this another bug hunt?"
and then things got really wacky.  Several of the
characters, we realized, had similar names to those in
the movie "Aliens".  (And the plot was nearly exact).
I didn't even realize what I had done.  It had been
ages since I'd seen that movie.  Ultimately, the
sesion went well enough, but...(sigh)...there was just
something missing after that.

I've also used stuff form various television shows.
One of my favorites was the story about girl who
murdered her parents because she could no longer
handle their very strict religious lifestyle.  I got
it from an epidsode of Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw
Years.  The Posse loved it.