RE: [DL] Dead Presidents Comments <SPOILERS>

At 12:43 PM 7/27/2001, Roy "The Shooter" Spence wrote:

>"The Shooter"!?!! :)

         Heh heh...I was watching WWF SMACKDOWN! (as I am wont to do) while
I was replying to your mail. (In wrestling-talk, a "shoot" is anything real
and legitimate, and a "shooter" throws out the script and tells the fans
what they REALLY think. Given the honesty and clarity of your DP feedback,
it seemed appropriate.)

>Yet more Dead Presidents thoughts and spoilers...
>& still pretty long.

>If it makes you feel better the Slaughterhouse scene creeped me out as I
>read it, it half crossed my mind that I might not make the scene quite as
>graphic when I come to run it - however fortunately I realised that doing
>this would probably ruin the scene.

         It does indeed, good sir.;-) Thank you!

>I've been considering just what atmosphere to use to set a Back East
>Deadlands campaign, and you know, I might just have found it.

         Hammer Films are a great resource for ideas on how to incorporate
litres of blood in Victorian settings. Being 1/3 responsible for Back East:
The South, you'll find a Hammer sensibility informing at least that much of
it.;-)

>   Cheers  (now
>how to fit a Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin in as an NPC - it's only fair
>that the people on the list get our own back you know)

         I introduced myself at the GenCon dinner by saying, "As I look at
the faces of those I have wronged...". You folks WERE warned!:-)
         Just please make me either a true Virginia gentleman, or a big,
drunken Scotsman, OK?

>Actually this is something else, I meant to ask, is there something in the
>works that covers just what happens as a result of the adventure? (as is
>implied above).  The South seems to be in pretty dire straights as a
>result - especially as the initial bokkors spell took out the cabinet (as
>per the errata), so this must have major ramifications for both the South
>and the war.

         The South did alright with Cabinets that were largely made up of
incompetent boobs, so having no one at all on the job is actually an
improvement.;-) The Confederacy endures....

>Thanks for the thoughts, it just fills in a few holes in my thinking - I
>kind of expected Varina to come from a powerful family - but being UK based,
>my knowledge of American history is sketchy at best.

         You're most welcome; filling in the historical details is why I'm
here.;-)

         Thanks again for your interest and comments!

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands and DC Universe RPG Lines
Southern by the Grace of God