Re: [DL] Dead Presidents Comments (now definitely OT)

> >How about making you a Scottish immigrant gentleman from Virginia who's
> >simply had a few too many- and isn't McGlothlin Irish because of the "Mc"
as
> >opposed to "Mac"?
>
>          "McGlothlin" derives from "MacLachlan", as in Clan MacLachlan,
> whose ancestral lands are in Strathlachlan in Cowal, on the eastern shore
> of Loch Fyne. We McGlothlins may have been illiterate when we emigrated
> (hence our current rendering of the name), but we are as Scottish as they
> come. Just ask Clan Lamont!:-)

Lamont?  Man, you just made me picture a Scottish pimp!  I can just imagine
a big ol' feather in that golf hat-lookin' thing along with a big tartan
cape :) .

Nick "yet another fine conceptual train wreck in my head" Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times