[DL] Re: Various Points

You had me worried there about a .45 Colt firing
Winchester.

The Great War books by Turtledove, like a lot of his
'epic' works don't grab me. They are too disjointed,
leaping from character to character they lose me. It
does give a better view of the 'big picture' but at
too high a cost.
I have never really forgiven him for claiming that the
Mosquito was stealthy (they wern't, the wooden
fusalage was radar invisible but the metal engines
produced almost as large a signiture as a metal plane
would have). Mind you I did like the Railway gun.

I was told (by by ACW unit lecturer) that New York
considered succession or becoming a freeport so they
could continue to (publicly) sell to both sides.

I still can't find the Deadlands damage formulae but I
did find more cartridges listed. I must tidy them up
and repost them.

Michael