Re: [DL] Deadlands, Alternate Alternative History

--- Ratbastryd@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/6/2001 7:42:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> cmcgloth@halifax.com writes:
>
> << Did you read _How Few Remain_ first, or jump straight into one of
>  the Great War Series books (which need to be read in order)? >>
>
> I read How Few Remain, which I liked, even if it was a bit jumpy.
> Then I went
> on to the first Great War book, and it lost me.
>
> And I mean, come on, the South winning? Ridiculous. Everyone knows,
> the North
> had it goin' on.
>
> I'm just kidding, I'm sure the South would make a good ally when New
> England
> makes a break for it.

OK, Peter, I don't mean to sound smart or anything here, but the first
book is about 500 pages long IIRC, you only read the first 1/5th of the
first of three books, trust me, the stories do start to mix together
and by the second series (American Empire) the whole thing is just
wonderful.

-Bryce "READ A BOOK!" Perry

=====
"Not everything is a labyrinth of dark conspiracy, and not everybody is plotting to decieve, enveigle and obfuscate!"

-Dana Scully, The X Files