From: Nick Zachariasen zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 04:12:31 -0500
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: [DL] Aborigine Guardian Spirits

O.K., my friend Ian and I were committing some acts of mental jackassery yet
again, and we jokingly came up with some questions that we actually began to
take somewhat seriously.  What would you guys do for Guardian Spirits
relating to Australian animals?

For the platypus, we were thinking Visionseeking due to its mysterious
nature (it's got a bill like a duck, a tail like a beaver, it's an aquatic
mammal with fur, it lays eggs like a bird or reptile, and it's venomous).
We were thinking perhaps Earth medicine for the wombat because of its
terrestrial nature and (extremely) vaguely ursine appearance.  What would
you guys think about the koala?  The kangaroo?  In case you're wondering, we
actually plan on putting this to use when the player creates an Aborigine
Shaman who's (somehow, he hasn't specified to me yet) gotten to the West.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times