[DL] Dead Presidents -- The Writer's Cut (SPOILERS)

Howdy all,

Player types: avoid the following information.  It is laden with
self-destructive subliminal messages designed to urge you to attack the PC
Train of Death armed only with a herring.  You have been warned...

So, how about some spoiler space...

...gee, how 'bout that spoiler space?

I just wanted to forward to the list a review of the portions excised from
Christopher McGlothlin's "Dead Presidents" yarn.  He seemed happy with my
review, and so I share it with you...

Wow, what a difference a few paragraphs makes! Generally, there is
certainly a substantial amount more of wiggle room to work with. This is
especially so in Gamorra, and a better investigation with a little more
meat certainly doesn't hurt. I have to admit, my name certainly doesn't
sound terribly cool in print, does it? It's very out of place, but I'm
proud of it!

The traveling highlights from the Castle (rather than having the Lee pickup
the posse) seems much more "realistic" and certainly much more interesting.
I mean, really -- there's nothing more exciting than a posse trying to find
their way through a strange city while being chased by the police and
Harrowed gun-bunnies! Whoo-ee!

I am especially happy with the potential for stopping the explosion at the
end -- though my understanding is that HOE's future requires this to
happen. However, since HOE is not in my posse's immediate future, I'll take
any chance I can to allow the posse to take the fight to the Reckoners.

Overall, I found the reinserted cuts gave the whole adventure more
potential playability and depth. It gives me, as a GM, more room to work,
and is not quite so linear.  If the posse goes astray, then there's ways to
work that in, too.  It is just nice to have the options open.

Thanks a lot for the additional material. It is certainly a wonderful
addition to the existing work that adds some real spice.

Sincerely,

Dane (Don?) Oliveira <--- Yes, a Portuguese name! :)