Re: [DL] DL d20

mike wrote:

<<snip snip!>>

> 2nd. questions about deadlands d20.
>     Fear: To me it seems that fear isn't explained very well in DLd20. Is
> there a reason for this?

As to the reason beats me.

Consult page 76 and 77 of your Core Rulebook II for details on Fear as well as
the states of being shaken, frightened, and panicked.

When I ran WWII for the PEG gang I used the following guidelines. On a failed
fear check have the characters start off with a shaken effect for encounters
with somewhat spooky things like ghostly sounds, gruesome corpses, and
whatnot. For truly yucky things like zombies, werewolves, and other obviously
supernatural stuff have a failed fear check result in a frightened effect. For
encounters with demons, devils and other supernatural nasties go right for the
throat with a panicked effect. This worked reasonably well when the heroes ran
afoul of a weyrwulf although the medic was forced to beat a hasty retreat from
the monster.

Also, if a character rolls a 1 on the Willpower save, bump up the level of
fear by one step, i.e. from shaken to frightened. And remember, fear lasts
awhile, make sure to keep track of durations in case the good guys fail
further fear checks while already suffering the effects of a fear condition.

Best wishes,

--
Joseph "the Ogre" Wolf
coyote@net-link.net