[DL] Pinkerton and Agency questions

Howdy, folks.  After a long hiatus (which includes a move to the great state
of Colorado), I'm running Deadlands again.  Granted, it's only a one-shot,
but it could lead to bigger and better things.

I have some questions about the Pinkertons and the organization that
replaced them, the Agency.  I own Men In Black Dusters, so no problems
there.  There's a few spoilers for those who don't have the Agency book, so
here's the requisite spoiler space:
.
.
.
.
.
Question 1:  Now that the Pinkertons have lost their government contract, do
their detectives still have Gatling Pistols as standard equipment?

Questions 2 and 3:  The current Deadlands game year is 1877, and the Agency
was formed in January.  Given that the Pinkertons has/had roughly 8000
members (A: MiBD pg 16), and the Agency only has 900 (only some of which
came from the Pinkertons), how much of the Pinkerton organization is aware
of the Event?  Were Pinkerton operatives with exposure to the Event required
to swear the same oath required of those leaving the Agency?

Question 4:  Can an Agency operative use their badge effectively in the
Disputed Lands?  Given the Pinkerton and Agency presence, Denver seems to be
a Union city, despite its location.  It'd be interesting to know what
higher-level law enforcement is present in the Disputed Lands (beyond the
local officials).

Question 5:  If an Agency operative wants to permanently add certain pieces
of equipment to his bag of tricks (such as the duster), is there a way to
purchase it from the Agency?  Some items seem fairly simple to replace (such
as Hollow Fountain Pens and Blackjacks), and could probably be bought
outside of the Agency if needed.

Question 6:  With a single Agency operative in an ongoing campaign, the
posse will eventually find the Weird in the Weird West, no matter how
vigilant the agent.  How is EO 347 to be interpreted in this instance?  Does
the operative actively deny the obvious, such as the Headless Horseman that
killed two posse members before finally being put down?  Or does he accept
the fact that the posse knows these things, focusing instead on keeping them
from telling others?

Question 7:  This is more of a generic rules question, but it does involve
the Gatling Pistol.  With the new rules, I don't see what makes the Gatling
Pistol special.  It can fire a 3-shot burst once per round, requiring 2
raises to hit with all three bullets.  In contrast, a double-action pistol
can fire twice, with each shot hitting on a standard attack roll (without
requiring an extra +5 or +10 to hit with both shots).  Has there been any
errata to address this?
(I fixed it in my home campaign by making a double-action act as a 2-shot
autofire, instead of two separate shots.)

-Casey