Re: [DL] Question and Resources

> Not in this case.  Black Lightnin' always required a separate skill.  When
> 2nd edition came out and all of the Throwin' skills were tossed and
> replaced with Balanced vs. Unbalanced, it was . . . implied. . . that BL
> would remain a separate Throwin' skill - mostly due to play balance
> considerations.

This brings up something I've been mulling over.  Basically, my take on it
is the official two are what you could just grab and chuck at someone.
Something like a spear or javelin, on the other hand, requires a totally
different throwing mechanic, so despite the fact that they're balanced for
throwing, you have to learn the proper mechanic for throwing them.  Has
anyone else declared there to be more than just the standard Balanced and
Unbalanced Throwin' conecntrations in their games?

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times