Re: [DL] Question and Resources

Seanchai wrote:
>    Finally, we commemorated our first night of our second Deadlands
> campaign with a chuckwagon dinner. The Better Homes and Garden Heritage
> Cookbook has a large number of semi-authentic recipes, including many that
> would be appropriate for 1870's. It's older and so is probably hard to
> find, but sitting down to a game of Deadlands while eating Cowpuncher Stew,
> Cowboy Beans, Fried Soda Biscuits, and Bishop's Bread was worth the
> trouble.

That sounds good.  I'd suggest "Smokehouse Ham, Spoon Bread &
Scuppernong Wine : The Folklore and Art of Southern Appalachian Cooking"
as well.  It's a darn good book even just to read, with lots of
anecdotes and "how food started getting cooked this way".  You can find
it on Amazon at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1581820046/qid=998572777/sr=1-2/ref=sc_b_2/107-1086830-6422955
for $19.95 a copy.  In my opinion, it's well worth it.

Last time I ran Deadlands at home we just set stuff up like saloon -
bourbon shots, beer in big mugs, etc.  Then again, most of the gamers I
hang out with are fairly heavy drinkers.

With Feng Shui (as you mention later) we will either order Chinese food
or go to Harris Teeter and get some plastic trays of cheap sushi.

SeanMike