[DL] Question and Resources

   We're starting to play Deadlands again and a wee question came up last
night: Should all the references to specific Hex Aptitudes in Hexes and
Hucksters be treated as if they're referring to Hexslingin'? For example,
Black Lightning says that a Black Lightning Aptitude roll is made to hit;
should we treat this as if it required a Hexslingin' roll?
   I discovered a fantastic web site for people who like to use real photos
to enhance their game experiences, documents, websites, etc.. It's a
searchable database of historic photographs. I think it's pretty specific
to Colorado, but unless the photo somehow indicates otherwise, I see no
reason a Marshal couldn't pretend the subject has nothing to do with
Colorado. It's located at:

http://gowest.coalliance.org:8080/cgi-bin/cw_cgi?getBasicTerms+11410

   Also note that you can search other western-related databases. I haven't
mucked around in those too much, but there just might be some good stuff in
there.
   Finally, we commemorated our first night of our second Deadlands
campaign with a chuckwagon dinner. The Better Homes and Garden Heritage
Cookbook has a large number of semi-authentic recipes, including many that
would be appropriate for 1870's. It's older and so is probably hard to
find, but sitting down to a game of Deadlands while eating Cowpuncher Stew,
Cowboy Beans, Fried Soda Biscuits, and Bishop's Bread was worth the
trouble.

             Seanchai

"Nature composes some of her loveliest poems for the microscope and
telescope." - Theodore Roszak